Thursday, February 25, 2010
I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain—and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
"Acquainted With the Night," Robert Frost
[Division Street east of Damen Avenue]
- ► 2011 (107)
- we like simile
- searching for a magic door
- cold, bright eyes
- see her trembling lips
- the wind, the wind is blowing
- butterfly's torn wing
- a depression so profound
- candy baby
- winnow the superfluous
- physical effect
- of your smell
- i shout love
- rain-rinsed hair, river tresses
- heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss
- zombie drunk from fermented peaches
- but the juke had long stopped playing
- at your funeral
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2009 (279)