Thursday, August 4, 2011
a minor light, a cooling star
"The madness of an autumn prairie cold front coming through. You could feel it: something terrible was going to happen. The sun low in the sky, a minor light, a cooling star. Gust after gust of disorder. Trees restless, temperatures falling, the whole northern religion of things coming to an end."
"The Corrections," Jonathan Franzen
[Haddon Street at Damen Avenue]
- a man with a fin-tailed car
- a frenchman in chicago
- so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer h...
- slow as a cloud
- the hand holds no chalk
- a bicycle that glitters like the wind
- some specific something that's no longer required
- every time you watch a movie
- a perpetual setting forth
- days before the injury was expected
- a minor light, a cooling star
- constantly lapsing into oblivion
- figureless landscapes drenched in the light worked...
- no moon and the stars sparse
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2010 (115)
- ► 2009 (279)